Followers

Thursday 6 September 2012

A New Adventure... Debbi made me do it!

Hi I am Jeanette and I have been crafting for about 30 years. I love spending time at my computer and creating something different.
I have many CD Roms that I use and my favourite would have to be Debbi Moore.
I love decoupage and making 3D boxes and things that look unique. I create gifts for people that include the card and the box to present them with and I decorate them all.

A couple of weeks ago Debbi asked if I wanted to create a steampunk card and here it is...


I have used a card blank that I had saved to my computer with a vintage image in the background. I distressed all the edges of the card with my Tim Holtz and then added three spellbinder flowers that I have double layered with brown packing paper and distressed these also. I have added wooden embellishments to the top right of the card, in the middle of the card I have chosen a flower and a frame from metal magic and I have distressed them with an emery board this I think creates the main focus of the card. I added 3 paper brads to the bottom left of the card. I have also added a Tim Holtz ticket


a close up of the flowers .


a close up of the metal magic.

I hope that you have liked my card and I thank you for visiting my blog today. 
I will soon be back with some more of my makes and look forward to finding out what you think.

Thanks for stopping by
Netty x




17 comments:

  1. Great card Janette, love the layout and the flowers Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design hunny i love the embelishments you have used and the flowers it gives great texture xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Netty welcome to blogland , great card youve done there hun love it . look forward to seeing more of your creations , you best get cracking .hugs Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Jeanette and I love the embellishments and the flowers are stunning.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, I saw Debbi's post about your new blog and thought I would hop over for a look, your card is absolutely stunning, loving the metal magic
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Janette, the embellishments are great. Gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, the colours, layout and embellies look great xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. brilliant card, love the flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! love all the embellishments you have used.
    *hugs* Shell xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks just done some trees and crackers and pillow boxes and menue holders so will post them soon done for instalation at masonics for my tables hope you will like them,, the trees are really for crimbow if you do them in crimbow colours ,,,netty

      Delete
  10. fab card ..I love all the embellishments and the flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. done some trees with baubles and holly on look very efective done with three a4 black or green sheets cut down to a square score from on corner to next fold and put together one fold into the next till you have a trangle stands up by itself then let your imagination go wild match your lounge to your colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like to do things that are the ooh facter as well as cards boxes with loads on them so it looks like a gift in itself,,,,,crackers are my fav of the momment what you can do with these is great,,,,favour boxes for weddings,,,as well as crimbow

    ReplyDelete
  13. go into aldi and get some biscuits not the eating kind wood ones 1.99 a pack for diy.olso felt sticky pads for diy brown and light brown 1.49 a pack look great on steampunk can cut up to layer always on the lookout for things to use that or not in crafters shops,,,,,,,,,,netty

    ReplyDelete